Thursday, September 26, 2024

GAS Featured Poet: Michael Lee Johnson

 


Michael Lee Johnson lived ten years in Canada during the Vietnam era. Today he is a poet in the greater Chicago-land area, IL. He has 323 plus YouTube poetry videos. Michael Lee Johnson is an internationally published poet in 46 countries, a song lyricist, has several published poetry books, has been nominated for 7 Pushcart Prize awards, and 6 Best of the Net nominations. He is editor-in-chief of 3 poetry anthologies, all available on Amazon, and has several poetry books and chapbooks. He has over 653 published poems. Michael is the administrator of 6 Facebook Poetry groups. Member Illinois State Poetry Society: http://www.illinoispoets.org/



I Feel Lightning in Your Wind (V4)

Michael Lee Johnson



I feel light in a thunderstorm.

I electrify your touch through my veins.

I’m the greenery around your life 

that breathes your earth into your lungs.

I challenge all your false decisions and doctrines

with the glory of my godliness. 

I’m your syntax, your stoic,

your ears, your prize.

I walk daylight into your morning breath

allow you to breathe.

I let the technique of me into your brain cells;

from the top tip to the bottom

of small baby foot extensions.

I’m the banquet hall of all

your joys, damnation;

your curses, your emotions

and you’re breathing with the wind.


*This poem converted into a song: 




April Winds (V3)

By Michael Lee Johnson



April winds persist

in doing charity work

early elbowing right to left

their way through these willow trees

branches melting reminiscences

of winter remnants off my condo roof 

no snow crystals sprinkle

in drops over my balcony deck.

Canadian geese wait impatiently for their

spring feeding on the oozy ground below.

These silent sounds

except for the roar of laughter 

those April winds

geese hear nothing

no droppings from the balcony

no seeds.



3 comments:

  1. Thank You for Sharing , I much enjoyed this very special opportunity to meet you , Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy Matus, for your kind words. Michael Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Belinda for publishing 2 of my poems.

    ReplyDelete