Thursday, June 16, 2022

GAS Featured Poet: Ojo Victoria Ilemobayo


 Ojo Victoria Ilemobayo  is a Sickle Cell Warrior, Poet, Student, Video Editor, Stickers Creator, Literary Contest Linker, Smile Therapist and a Guitarist-to-be.

Some of her works are in WSA, WHI anthology, Firebrand magazine, sledgehammer, Nnoko, GEMP, Prawns paper, Mixed Mag, Agape review, Mad Swirl, The Beautiful Mind, Enceladus Magazine, The New Man Gospel Movement Fringe Poetry Magazine and more.
She lives in Lagos, Nigeria.


Bed of Beauty 

Yesterday, I took a walk to the blue sea 
& pretended to be a fish.
I dived into the bed of beauty, wagging my tinny-weeny tails.
I was with a form & not void.

I shook my little tail to the lyrics of the roaring waves.
My skin glowed & glowed.
I read no sun & watched no moon 
& I never hungered and thirsted, for I had a mouth-
full, in bubbles & babblings. 

I went to the school of fish: I learnt to pray 
& not to be preyed on.
I greeted the old water turtle taking a walk.
I played hide & seek with the seashells.
I enjoyed the scene of the happy dolphin high jumps. 

In here was a home of unity, a world of uniqueness 
with the colour of freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment