Sunday, October 30, 2022

GAS Featured Artist and Poet: Irina Tall (Novikova)

 


    Irina Tall (Novikova) is an artist, graphic artist, illustrator. She graduated from the State Academy of Slavic Cultures with a degree in art, and also has a bachelor's degree in design.
    The first personal exhibition My soul is like a wild hawk (2002) was held in the museum of Maxim Bagdanovich. In her works, she raises themes of ecology, in 2005 she devoted a series of works to the Chernobyl disaster, draws on anti-war topics. The first big series she drew was The Red Book, dedicated to rare and endangered species of animals and birds. She writes fairy tales and poems, illustrates short stories. She draws various fantastic creatures: unicorns, animals with human faces. She especially likes the image of a man - a bird - Siren. In 2020, she took part in Poznań Art Week.

Links to her social networks:








Withdrawn from circulation, like a banknote,
Covered with a touch of flame and burned in the crucible of words,
I'm here, I want, I can...
Those who could not do anything and I were doomed to something ..
At the end of the dark space
  Maybe there is a tunnel with access to space?
  I will come for you?
Someone told me, but he was deceived
With the words of sweet molasses and I got stuck in it like a moth ...
Don't think about me, I died in the dark...






Shadows leave blue marks on the transparent curtain and window sill
I drink bitter tea
And the taste of orange, sweet and fragrant, remains on the gums and tongue,
  Someone is drilling in the house with a drill outside,
  Change cover
But who will change my failed destiny?
  Sometimes I see the future I want
  But I lost it forever...




blue mug,
  sea ​​for me
shells on a black and dead branch,
  A living being that will also soon die...
Dogs skin their souls while they're alive
They are people in my eyes
I will cry at night to close the impregnable door
  that no one will reveal to me
I'll fly away from sleep like a bird
The warm and many-sided sun will shine behind the chain of many-tiered mountains...









1 comment: